Who we are
Our website address is: https://familyelementsonline.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we store your personal information
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers the Site content and messaging. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive the Site material.
All of the messaging or emails that are sent to you by the Site include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
Who we share your data with
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
CCPA Privacy Notice
Information for California Residents
For the purposes of this CCPA Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, or as otherwise defined by the CCPA.
Personal Information does not include information that is:
- Lawfully made available from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregate information; or
- Otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
Consumer does not include a natural person acting as a job applicant to, employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, medical staff member of, or contractor of Big Life Journal to the extent such person’s Personal Information is collected within the context of the person acting in such role.
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a Consumer, the CCPA may permit you to request information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by the CCPA) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information;
- Categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you and in some cases your Household.
In addition, if you are a Consumer, you may:
- Opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding our services;
- Opt in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, retention, or sale of your Personal Information; and
- Request that we and our service providers delete Personal Information we have collected from you, in some circumstances.
Further, the CCPA provides Consumers with the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by a business for the exercise of these CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.